Your main responsibility is to grow an engineering organisation that can deliver a product with the right quality and within the agreed time and budget. You will have to be a people manager and leader.
- Be the starting and end-responsible for delivering consistent product improvements, features and bug fixes with quality through predictable releases?
- Leading a remote engineering and QA team of 30+ people, as well as external development teams.
- Collaborate with Leadership & Product Management on roadmapping, technical planning & prioritizations.
- Design and implement a strategy for scaling the team as well as delivery pipeline in accordance with evolving business ambitions.
- Analyse and be the end-responsible for the technology and architectural stack (currently Java and Scala based, React, moving towards micro-services, and multi-tenancy).
- Hire new talent for the team and build an efficient onboarding experience.
Our requirements for this position are:
- 5+ years experience in leading a large team developing, delivering and maintaining a complex product.
- Proven experience of consistent and on-time product delivery with quality through predictable releases
- Technical knowledge to discuss issues, approaches and solutions in-depth with our engineers
- Experience combining delivery with internal and external teams
- Cross-functional mindset to deliver end-value in collaboration with other teams
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to practice adaptive leadership and be directive when necessary, fostering a culture of open communication, active listening, and flexibility, to navigate through complex organisational challenges and help the team succeed.