Your main responsibility is to grow an engineering organization that can deliver products with the right quality and within the agreed time and budget.
Responsibilities for Engineering Manager:
Job satisfaction of the engineers is a key performance indicator, so you will have to be a people manager and leader.
- Manage an engineering team of 20 and more talented people
- Conduct regular 1-1s and Performance Reviews of the team members
- Actively participate in the growth of the engineering team by recruiting the appropriate people or ensure proper career paths for the existing staff members
- Organize the day-to-day operations such that everyone knows what needs to be done, by when, for what reason, and how it needs to be done by working with the different team leads.
- Identify bottlenecks in the engineering processes and remedy these by working with the team
- Promote an open and transparent culture where everyone's contributions are valued appropriately
- Work with product management to implement the agreed roadmaps according to specifications and expectations.
- Report on the progress of the different product and internal projects, indicating deviations from the existing plans.
- Address field issue escalations and security vulnerabilities appropriately
Our requirements for this position are:
- 5+ years experience in leading a large team developing a complex product.
- Great analytical and math skills
- Ability to collaborate with other teams
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team of engineers
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Ability to make decisions and ensure that these decisions are properly communicated throughout the organization.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills