Every Insurer and Broker Needs a Software Specialist
Being part of the Open International Group, Open GI is one of the leading technology partners to the general insurance industry in the UK and Ireland. Open International Group is a highly successful and growing organization with a strong record of innovation that stretches way back to 1979. The Group is 550 people strong across offices in Worcester, Dublin, London, Winchester, Milton Keynes, Skopje, and Krakow.
As an insurance software specialist, Open GI offers a range of configurable solutions to insurance brokers, underwriting agencies, insurers, and MGA’s. Their solutions, which include Mobius and Core, provide their customers with multi-line, multi-channel, and multi-brand trading capability complemented by the latest eCommerce and mobile technologies.
|Why Exalate? |
• No more manual data copying by the support team and the Business
• Smoother and more accurate collaboration between different teams
• A more efficient intuitive referral process
• Less money and time loss
Paving the Way for a Smoother Collaboration
A system will run most efficiently when every part works in complete harmony with the others. The same thing also applies to companies. Either between internal teams and/ or external ones, a smooth collaboration will guarantee a streamlined workflow.
That’s why Open GI decided to move its customer service center from a legacy system to Jira Service Desk. But like any other migration, they faced some challenges:
- They needed the ability to refer to various areas of the business as some were using Jira Service Desk, some Jira Software, and some Azure DevOps. This referral process should be as efficient and intuitive as possible in order to ensure that all information was passed onto the referral team. This would allow for updates to be passed back to the support team.
- There were also Business Analysts receiving requirements from customers via Jira Service Desk and had to manually create issues for the development teams in Jira Software at a point. Manually updating the respective systems with any updates was a huge overhead and wasn’t the best use of time for the Business Analysts.
“As for the support team’s migration to Jira Service Desk, there wasn’t a problem to overcome regarding connecting to other teams. It was simply a requirement as part of their move from the legacy system. But our Business Analysts, who receive change requests and UAT feedback from external customers, were frankly frustrated with having to manually create related tickets” says Howard Kenny, a process improvement specialist at Open GI.
That’s when Exalate comes into the picture to pave the way for a smoother more flexible collaboration between their three platforms: Azure DevOps, Jira Software, and Jira Service Desk.
Exalate: an Integration Solution with a Top-Notch Support
As Open GI was searching for options on the Atlassian Marketplace to find the right software integration tool, they came across Exalate and signed up for a free trial.
There was also another tool used to integrate Jira Service Desk and Azure DevOps at the time, but it became apparent over time that it was not fit for their purpose. So they decided to move to Exalate instead and they’re now much happier with the result.
Howard adds that when it came to risks, they mostly considered performance:
“But again the support is always so close at hand that if we need any assistance or have any questions, we’re sure that they’ll take care of it. The support team has always worked closely with us to enhance the product and to ensure our challenges are overcome in the smoothest way possible.”
Having a Clearer View of the Workflow with Exalate
The Open GI team has saved a significant amount of time by automating the data integration process using Exalate. Their support team is no more creating tickets manually in various other places or monitoring the updates. They just press a button and it’s all taken care of automatically.
So what do you consider as Exalate’s best feature? We asked Howard:
“Its status and comment synchronization. It allows teams to clearly see with whom an issue resides which provides a clear audit trail for all teams in their respective systems. And in turn, our customers can see the latest status, too. ”
Therefore, the teams can have a clear view of the workflow and can easily follow an issue from being created to being resolved without worrying about updating the status manually anymore.
But as Howard tells us, they’re just scratching the surface of what Exalate can do for them. They intend to dive deeper into its capabilities and to make use of the benefits that it offers on a larger scale.
- A more flexible collaboration between teams
- Saving the support team from having to manually create tickets and monitor updates
- Saving time, money, and resource by automating the process
- Easy status and comment sync with a click of a button
- Making use of great support to ensure that the integration is always running smoothly
As companies grow bigger and their collaboration becomes more extensive, the need to adopt a seamless integration seems more inevitable. With the right solution, they can save more time, money, and resource and of course enjoy the ease of communication between the internal and external teams without having to track everything manually. This will all lead to having stronger teams, smoother workflows, and more productivity.
Become an Exalate user and experience an optimized workflow and high productivity. It’s flexible enough for any sync use case.
|Book a demo now|